Monday, April 30, 2012

Don't trash that!

Ever wondered what all you can do with those items you're about to trash. I hate to trash things so I try to find another use for it first.. Below are some of the things that I re-use and what I use them for..

Coffee Cans: Re-use as planters.. I start my flowers/veggies in them before transplanting them into the ground.

Bed Sheets, Towels, Old Clothes that can't be donated: Cleaning rags, shop towels, put on the bottom of my floor duster, etc.

Plastic Grocery Store Bags: Re-use as bathroom trash bags, car trash bags, put in travel bags for wet or soiled items, etc.

Paper Grocery Bags: Perfect for book covers that the kids can color on, etc. My kids love to draw on EVERYTHING, so this is great for them.

Plastic Jars with lids: We get lots of good uses out of these. Many of them have extra buttons in them, some have screws and nails that are stored in the barn, some have the kids small things like erasers, etc. There are numerous uses for these things, just use your imagination!

Butter Bowls: Save them for leftovers!

Spray Bottles: I always re-use spray bottles b/c I make alot of my own homemade cleaners. I rinse them out really good and use my cleaners to refill them.

Empty toothpaste tubes: Cut the bottom off of one, clean really well, and use it for cake decorating. Simply put the icing inside the tube, and squeeze it out of the top to decorate! :)

Will add many more periodically! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment