Monday, December 31, 2012

Meet Your Blogger!

Do you ever wonder who the face is behind the blogs that you read daily? You see my posts frequently but when I respond to anything you may reply on a post with, all you see is a icon designed for the blog and the name Down South Savings. 

Well here is the face behind Down South Savings. 

My name is April. I am a wife, and a mother to 4 kids ages 15, 14, 13, and almost 12. I have a huge addiction to Dr. Pepper meaning that is ALL that I drink. Nothing else. 
I love watching Duck Dynasty, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and numerous other reality type shows. I have a degree in Cosmetology, I'm an EMT First Responder, former Volunteer Fire Fighter and I am working on getting into the Bail Bond Industry.


I'm not quiet by any means. I talk A LOT and I'm usually uncensored. I say what's on my mind and I am not afraid to do so no matter what the cost. I refuse to be a door mat.

However, on this blog, I am lady like. 

We live in a small town in Middle TN. Nothing fancy for sure. Our home is a mobile home and we share 5+ acres with my uncle. It may not be much, but it's paid for and that makes it much more appreciated. But everyone helps everyone here. If there is someone in need, we pull together as a community and do what we can to help others.

 Between my uncle and I we have 5 dogs (2 of them hunting Hounds), 3 horses, 3 goats (2 of them currently pregnant) 2 cats, tons of chickens, fish, frogs, and are debating now on getting a pig for a summertime BBQ.

My husband is not into animals near as much as I am. He just knows there's nothing he can do to keep me from getting more so he just goes with the flow, usually pretty quietly.

 I make my own laundry detergent, body wash and scrubs, and homemade cleaners and that saves me a ton of money! I cut back some on my couponing in 2012 after my Dad got sick but that is going to change in 2013. We garden every year and this year I plan to do a lot more canning and making soaps with the milk from our goats.

I used to think that bloggers were just wealthy stay at home housewives that had nothing better to do. That's not the case. I have "virtually" met MANY bloggers who are just good as gold and I wouldn't take anything for our online friendships. 

I blog because I enjoy it. I love searching the web for better and easier ways to do things and ways to be frugal to save money and then I pass it along to you all in hopes that you too can benefit from my finds. I also love doing product reviews. 

In 2013 I plan to make many changes in my day to day life and in my home. I have a passion for getting this place organized. The kids don't know about this as of yet but their rooms are about to get major over hauls but my secret is safe with you all right?

 I have been doing a lot of research lately over at Mother Earth News about more ways to become more self sufficient and I plan on taking many of these steps in the New Year. 

So, that's pretty much me in a nut shell. If ever you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at downsouthsavings (at) yahoo dot com. If I don't have the answer, I will get it for you!







5 comments:

  1. Imma need some of that goat milk soap and some bbq :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this post. I want some bbq as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your attitude... you sound a lot like myself! You wouldn't happen to be a Sagittarius? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are a busy lady! I also make homemade laundry and cleaners, but I would love to learn more about making body wash/scrubs for the family! I also love watching Dog on tv! lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive