Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sweet Tea


I never knew there were so many different variations of Sweet Tea. My husband travels out of town to work and he called me one night from California to tell me he ordered a glass of sweet tea at lunch and it was NOT sweet tea. He explained it as a fruit tea. 

I live in Middle TN and my recipe is pretty simple. I use 4 Family Size tea bags, bring them to a boil and let it set in the pan for a few minutes to "steep". I add the liquid to a one gallon pitcher and add one and 1/4 cups of sugar. I then pour water into the pan with the tea bags and continue to pour it into the pitcher until full, stir well and serve with ice and occasionally a lemon. 

SO... define sweet tea where YOU live! I'd love to try different variations! 

6 comments:

  1. Love sweet tea and fruit tea! Can't wait for summer so we can make sun-tea!
    From a fellow Middle Tennessean!
    ~Vonnie @ Searchwithvonni.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Ca. and it seems like many of us do drink flavored Tazo tea's or other brands like it. Starbucks makes it with sugar syrup if yo want it a little sweet. We don't drink tea as sweet as they do in the south it seems when I have had it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never drank sweet tea until I moved to Tennessee. Now I can't imagine life without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds about like the recipe we used at Cracker Barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come to Hawaii one day and try our "sweet teas"! Try to see if you can order local flavors w/ passion fruit. I forget if that's real or if that was just in a can lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in Canada so I usually drink hot tea. Although sometimes I will make iced tea if there is a lot left over in the teapot. I usually put the leftovers in a pitcher and add lemon. Then I add sugar when I put it my glass. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive