Monday, March 25, 2013

Baker Creek Seeds Introduction


The time is finally here! We've been working on getting our garden spots tilled up and ready to plant all of the delicious fruits and vegetables that we enjoy. I am a little more excited this year than usual because I will be planting Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds! All of their seed are non-hybrid, non-GMO, non-treated and non-patented.


I will be receiving the Home Gardener's Collection that includes: 1 Bean, 1 Carrot, 1 Eggplant, 1 Garden Peas, 2 Herbs, 1 Hot Pepper, 1 Lettuce, 1 Melon, 1 Salad Blend, 1 Onion, 1 Oriental Greens, 1 Radish, 1 Snow Peas, 1 Spinach, 2 Sweet Peppers, 2 Tomatoes, 1 Turnip and the Baker Creek Vegan Cookbook.


Just look at how beautiful their vegetables are!

Cinnamon Lettuce

Corn

Shishigatani (Asian pumpkin)

These photos are taken from their site just to show you the beauty. I will be updating my blog throughout the gardening season with photos of my own. 

Baker Creek carries one of the largest selections of seeds from the 19th century, including many Asian and European varieties. The company has become a tool to promote and preserve our agricultural and culinary heritage. Our company and seeds have been featured in The New York Times, The Associated Press, Oprah Magazine, Martha Stewart, and many others. Gardeners can request a free 212-page color catalog that now mails to 350,000 gardeners nationally.


I hope that you will follow me through my 2013 Gardening Journal. I look forward to sharing it with you! Don't forget to click on the link above to get your free color catalog. The pictures in the catalog will absolutely amaze you!



24 comments:

  1. This is really great products to get to start a good healthy garden that you know that the seeds are healthy! I like the kit that you are getting, and it sounds like a great company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful variety of seeds to get the healthy gardener off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have quite a garden. Fresh vegetables are so good.A lot of work but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love their seeds. Can't wait to place an order. We have 6 acres of land ready to plant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heirloom seeds are wonderful. Like the variety pack you're getting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really love their seeds i know my mom-in law does also

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic! I love the idea of such a variety of quality seeds. I've been wanting to start a "real" garden; I did a container of tomatoes and another of jalapenos last year; they both worked out well! Good luck with your neato garden this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could grow good veges. I don't have a green thumb and my plants always die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look so great! I wish i could garden, but I am in an apartment with zero outside space. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to start a garden! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous! We are in the process of moving this summer, which is great except for the fast I would really love to have a veggie garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. definitely a great assortment! this is something my mom and dad could use for their garden. jdhoppe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pumpkin is pretty cool. Never seen that before. I like to find unique gourds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a few things started for our garden now. tomatoes and pumpkins are big with the kids. Ready to eat some fresh food.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missed it - they are all ready out of the 2013 catalogs. They probably sent them out months ago. I love to look thru them and read about the new vegetables that they have as I have planted my own garden for many years now.
    So many great new things to see . thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I won't wait so long next time to get the catalog. This would be a great starter kit for me. Love that Burlap bag also. Your tomatoes look great.Next year I'm definitely going to start a veggie garden.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i hadn't heard about Bakers. I will have to look into it.
    My garden spot is tilled but then the weather went from sunny to snow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tried a garden in pots last year, some of them grew but others got attacked by a horn worm. Might have to do the garden thing in an area in the ground this year, I know plants grow better in the ground. I never heard of this brand but will look for it

    sibabe64 at ptd dot net

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love gardening i have to try this site for veggie seeds

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love gardening and I have heard of Baker Creek before, from homesteaders. I figure they are better gardeners than me! Lol - So I regard their opinion as well as yours. Great Company

    ReplyDelete
  21. cinnamon lettuce? i have never heard of it.sounds cool! i'm gonna have to check out baker creek. my son wants to grow something on his own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. those tomatoes look wonderful! you will be able to use them in a variety of things. There is nothing better than home grown tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive