Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Trip To The Local Amish

We frequent our local Amish Community in Etheridge TN, also known as Amish Country to buy fresh vegetables. Right now there are only a few things to choose from but I love to go visit! I snapped a few pictures from the car and made sure not to get any face pics of any of the Amish to respect their beliefs

It was a beautiful day to hang some clothes on the line!

I LOVED this house on Tom Lane. He had so many farm animals and we went right at "birthing season" so I got to see all sorts of babies including pigs and goats! Not to mention the fresh turnip greens and spinach, and the best homemade tomato juice!

Another view of Tom Lane

The one room school house

The ground is ready for planting

He was traveling to the home of the next picture to help I would assume


True teamwork

The horses came over to greet us as we were leaving

It was a beautiful day and I cannot wait to go back when all of the vegetables are ready for sale. I encourage anyone with an Amish Community nearby to take a visit. It makes for a great family outing.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know y'all had an Amish community out there. That is some beautiful country up there. Great pics! Especially the clothes on the line, I'd have that one framed. It would look great in a country kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's only about 30 minutes away on the other side of Columbia. We should totally plan a trip once all the veggies are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Amish and their lifestyle is remarkable. They are to be respected for wanting to use all the land has for them. They plant their own gardens to grow their own food. They are a deeply religious people whom I respect.Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simple Amish way of life. Thanks for this wonderful post and pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive