Friday, August 30, 2013

Let's Go To The Fair!

It's that time of year again! Kids are all heading back to school and we are finally getting ourselves back into a somewhat normal routine. Grocery lists have shrunk enabling us to put a little money back for the Tennessee State Fair! We have made the state fair a family event for as long as I can remember and it just gets better every year! 

Did you know the Tennessee State Fair has been held every year (with the exception of the 4 year span during World War II) since 1906!! The fair has entertained Tennessee families for more than 100 years. It attracts more than 230,000 visitors annually. 

TSF Apple Pie (homebox-noLottery)

There are some big things going on this year including the Tennessee Two-Crust Apple Pie Contest! (Seriously considering turning my Apple Dumpling Recipe into a pie form for this one!) Winner will receive $500 and the Tennessee State Fair Award! I don't know about you but I could definitely use that to put back into the grocery budget. Teenagers can EAT!

My four teens are most excited about the rides of course! I have yet to see a coaster that they will not get on. While my husband can't wait to get in on all the Funnel Cakes! Who doesn't like funnel cakes right? Me, I'm most excited about the memories to be made with my young family. I hope they will remember these days just like I did when I was a kid at the fair and continue the tradition with their families!

tsf-vendor

This year we plan to make it a day long event. There is so much fun to be had and we simply cannot wait! 

Admission ticket prices are below.

On-Site Tickets – Available During the Fair
Admission Tickets
Adults (19-54): $8
Youth (3-18): $6
Seniors (55+): $6
2 & Under: Free

*Bring any non-winning Tennessee Lottery ticket to the gate to receive $2 off one adult admission. (I have PLENTY of those!) 
 You can purchase your tickets online, on site, or at participating Kroger locations.

Unlimited Ride Wristbands: $25
The Fair starts Friday September 6th and wraps up Sunday September 15th so make A day of it! I hope to see you there enjoying the great music and fun in the sun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive