Saturday, November 2, 2013

Welcome to Day 1 Of #NaBloPoMo!

This month I have committed to posting a blog post daily given different subjects for each day. This is also called NaBloPoMo. 

Today's Prompt: If you found one million dollars in the morning and had to spend it by nightfall, what would you do with the money?

My answer would be the same as most of you. I would first pay off my house to give me a sense of security for the rest of my life. No matter how bad things got, I would have a roof over our heads. 

Next, I would go and purchase a new car for myself, my husband and a few other family members. I would then invest in several deep freezers and stock them all with enough food to feed my large family for one year, stock my pantry and a few other spare rooms with non perishable foods and day to day supplies and I would furnish my children's bedrooms with new furniture. All of the remaining would go to a local organization in my area called Women Are Safe

Women Are Safe

Women Are Safe, Inc. offers shelter, counseling, court advocacy programs and more to women and children who are victims of domestic violence.  I'm confident that any donations made to them would be money well spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive